Cullen National School has seen many changes since its inception in 1800s, when the children of the parish were educated in the hedge-schools located in Cullen.
The first school was established in 1842 a building made of stone and mortar with a thatched roof.
In 1849 the school was blown down by a bad storm and the classes were moved to the local chapel. This continued on for eleven years before a new school was erected in the village 1860. This two storied building was to remain until the present school was built in 1963.
Glenbane School also in the parish closed in 1967 and the pupils were transferred to Cullen National School. Our school is a single storey energy efficient building, which incorporates two bright and spacious classrooms, a Resource/Learning Support room and an office. There is a large playing area of grass and concrete both to the front and rear of the school.
Our school aims to provide an atmosphere which allows each child to reach his/her full potential. A climate of tolerance and understanding of each person’s uniqueness is fostered. A great emphasis is placed on academic achievement together with art and music and P.E. The rural location of the school and its close proximity to the N24 and Tipperary Town adds to its uniqueness and charm.