Newsletter for Parents September 2016
I welcome all pupils, parents, and staff to school for the academic year 2016/2017. I extend an especially warm welcome to our two Junior Infant pupils, Ciarán Duddy and Allison Ryan. We look forward to a very busy year with many exciting learning opportunities for our pupils. You can keep abreast of all the school activities on our website www.cullennstipp and Cullen Parents Association Facebook.
• GAA has started on Mondays and will continue throughout the year.
• Snag Golf lessons will run for a period of 5 weeks commencing 14th September.
• On Monday October 26th pupils in the senior room will travel to Tipperary Racecourse to ‘Go Racing Kid’s Club’ where they will meet and speak with a jockey and racehorse trainer. R.A.C.E. (Racing Academy & Centre of Education) will be present with a racehorse simulator. The Racecourse manager will take the pupils for a walk on the track.
• Tag Rugby will commence on 21st October for 5 weeks.
• Parent Teacher meeting last week in October
• On 11th November all pupils will travel to U.L. to the Cork Pop Orchestra concert.
• 15th November will be Lá Gaeilge in the school.
• Nativity play will be produced in early December
• A colourful mural was painted on the western wall during the months of June and July
• The playground markings were repainted last week
• Dog poo had become a major problem on the school grounds. This is a serious issue with regard to the health and safety of the pupils. Please keep dogs off the school grounds.
• Keep a vigilant eye out for head lice every week and please contact the school secretary if there is an outbreak and parents will be alerted.
• Please continue your support of health lunches in the school – good habits start young
• Keep a check on homework and ensure it is fully completed. This will enable you to keep up-to-date with your child’s progress and where they may be experiencing difficulty in any subject.
We hope that the school year 2016/2017 will be a happy and fruitful year for all of us.